leithmotiff
lossless
last.fm
Весьма интересная группа, о которой крайне мало инфы. Нет ни одной фотки, ластфм пестрит только двумя обложками альбомов :stupid:. Известно лишь, что по происхождению они из Рима, Италия, и играли забойный металкор с налетом блэк метала. По взглядам были анархо-коммунистами и веган стрейт-эджерами. Имеется интервью, данное ими Chaotik Webzine. На данный момент группа, судя по всему, распалась, но опять-таки никакой конкретной инфы об этом нет
Дискография:
1994 - The Fury EP
Скачать
1996 - Hymns For A Decaying Empire
[HIDE]Cкачать[/HIDE]
1997 - Full Wrath Of The Slave
[HIDE]Cкачать[/HIDE]
Весьма интересная группа, о которой крайне мало инфы. Нет ни одной фотки, ластфм пестрит только двумя обложками альбомов :stupid:. Известно лишь, что по происхождению они из Рима, Италия, и играли забойный металкор с налетом блэк метала. По взглядам были анархо-коммунистами и веган стрейт-эджерами. Имеется интервью, данное ими Chaotik Webzine. На данный момент группа, судя по всему, распалась, но опять-таки никакой конкретной инфы об этом нет
TIMEBOMB is a political hardcore band from Italy. In their latest full-length "Full Wrath Of Slave" they display some serious talent in performing some really efficient death/thrash. Their ideas are interesting as well, even if I don't agree with them on all points: what counts is the passion behind their lives and music.
Hello Simone, please introduce us with a few words to TIMEBOMB.
Timebomb is a vegan sXe band from Roma, Italy. We've been instigating juvenille rebellion since '92, and we are out to destroy your "soap opera" dream, and bring you among the living where real love and pain dwell. Timebomb is the poetry in the fight.
What's your demo/discography so far?
We released a 7" called "Fury" in '93 on S.O.A. recs., wich is probably one of the worst records of all ages, in '96 we released "Hymns for a decaying empire" Lp/CD on S.O.A.. Two years later came "The full wrath of the slave" Lp/CD on Crimethinc./Genet. Our latest release is a split MCD with Redemption out on War.ds.. We are about to record for a split CD with Shadows Fall, from the United States of apathy, to be released by Genet records. We'll probably release a new full-length around march-2000.
What have you been doing since "Full wrath of the slave", your latest full-length?
As I said before we have a split CD out now, with our new singer, we've been writing new songs that will be a surprise for those who know us, we just came back from our European tour, wich is one of the most beautiful things I've experienced in my life. I met a lot of precious human beings, five of them play in Trial, I love you men!
"FWOTS" has been released on CD by Crimethinc (USA) and LP by Genet (BEL). Have the sales and the overal response been satisfying? How many copies did it sell? Will you continue working with Crimethinc?
I don't know exactly how many copies where sold, anyway it's good to have the record out both in the U.S. and in Europe, I guess it's very well distributed. But the most inportant thing for us is we did it with people we respect so much, and we are friends with. Bruno from Genet rec. and Brian from Crimethinc. are two incredible individuals, who put all their effort in the HC-punk scene! Crimethinc is much more than a record label and we agree with their politics, we'll be honored to continue working with them.
Do you agree with Crimethinc's anti-labor ideologies?
Sure! Workin' is an innatural condition for humans it just keeps you in the system machine and leaves no time for life and beauty. That doesn't mean we'll decide not to do it like Brian D., everyone chooses his way. Just remember working is not your life!
TB is a vegan and straight-edge band. We' re both mediteraneans, so I must ask you how did you achieve this in a country like Italy where alcool and meat are part of your culture?
I wrote something about in our last LP/CD, I said that we must somehow save our IDENTITY and overcome our TRADITION. U.S. corporations are buying our cities piece by piece in their unstoppable quest for a new market to exploit, we must resist that and at the same time deny the lies of tradition. Being vegan sXe, to us, means being more alive and see things on our own.
Do you consider TIMEBOMB as a hardcore or a metal band?
We are a hard-core band, metal is just about fairy tales (ed: well, I guess our friend Simone hasn't listen to enough metal in order to judge), we are REAL our music is joy, suffering, flesh and blood. The music you play is not important. We put all our effort in the H.C.-punk scene. Our new songs are not that metal though.
What are your influences? One of the definite influences on "FWOTS" I could point to is SEPULTURA's "Arise". Am I right?
At the time, when we were writing songs for our second album we listened to a few metal bands, like Carcass to name one, but our inspiration always came from H.C. that's where you can find the most refreshing ideas everyone in the band has different tastes, I'm into fast-paced H.C. and ultra-core, lately I like bands like "Talk is Poison" and "Kill the man who questions", but inspiration comes from everything. Fugazi, Embrace and the Washington sound is definitely an ispiration for us today, musically.
How come that "Dig your own grave", the closing track of "FWOTS", has this NWOSBD (especially DISSECTION) reminding riffing? Don't you think it's funny that because of this riff your music has been labeled (amongst other terms) as "black metal" by Crimethinc and Genet?
That song is an experiment. We were like: "Let's see how metal we can be", we thought it was funny and we put it in the record. Our singer at the time, Giorgio, said:"It's too metal! No one will like it, we are diggin' our own grave with this one" and that's where the title comes from. I don't know Dissection and I don't care, people should read the lyrics to that song, it's very simple, but insightful. Everytime we are described as "black metal" or so is always in connection with H.C., it's just a way to simplify things you know, it's hard to describe a record in two lines....so....there's this Crimethinc. ad, it says:"italian, vegan sXe, anarco-communist, black metal" it's totally crazy!!! I love it! Even thought we don't give a shit about black metal, I think Brian and Bruno don't care about what we sound like (metal or not) as long as they like it and they know we belong in H.C. 100%, the other day we were playin' in Belgium, we went to Bruno and were like:"No more metal" and he was like:"Cool".
I wonder if you already have listened to ENCHANTMENT, a UK doom/death band, because the vocals on their unique album "Dance the marble naked" sound A LOT like Giorgio's?
As I said before Giorgio is no longer in the band. I never listened to that band, I don't know. We like Emiliano's voice better, it's more expressive if you know what i mean.
Italy has been know lately for quite hilarious power metal bands like RHAPSODY, DOMINE, LABYRINTH...What's your opinion about them? How does it feel to see metal musicians from a conservative country like yours (or mine-Hellas) make a living from their music?
I don't know these bands (Luca Turilli?), and I don't care!
Why did you chose this band name? Actually I think it makes think more of a metal band than a HC one...Maybe it's also because of the "Timebomb" album released by U.D.O.
The name just came out by it self, we had no better names, I never liked it, but I'm used to it, so it's impossible for me to think of anyother. I don't think it sounds metal, it's more of a simple, punk name (every punk band has a song called Timebomb), we chose this name 'cause it made us think of social pressure, you know, how much can people take before they explode and overthrow the fuckin system.
Pro or con hard dancing?
There was a time when everything was pretty dead in the roman scene, so dancing at shows was a way to wake people up! It didn't work, violent dancing alienates people! It's just another role, I think people should let go much more, I'd like to see everyone dancing the way they want at a Timebomb show, without rules! Woodstock style! Like naked people running around that's what I'd like to see:life! Not some deadly repeating of pre-ordinated kick-boxing tricks, it makes no sense. When the music communicates you a great energy you don't have time to think:"I'll do this, I'll do that" you just go nuts. There's enough restrinction and rules in outside world, we just don't need any other rule on how to act. Violent dancing is just macho insecurity.
In order for you to enjoy a band, does it need to carry a interesting political or other message and ideology, or you can enjoy a band even if its lyrics/attitude doesn't concern you?
I like a lot of bands who have almost nothing to say like, say THE ANTI-HEROES I just like the music and that's OK, but in order to really LOVE a band I have to relate to their lyrics and ideals. The bands I'm really into are the ones with a message like DEAD KENNEDY'S or CATHARSIS. Any way there are bands that can communicate as well even with the music it self like FUGAZI or EYELID.
What are you listening to nowadays?
I listen to almost ANY kind of hard-core, these days I'm listening to a lot of new records, the last CATHARSIS, I think it's impressive, it's so vivid! The last TRIAL album fuckin' rocks and those guys are really wonderful. I like the last Abhinanda and also: Section 8; The real Enemy; Reinforce; Kill the Messenger.....I like the last R.E.M. record a lot, but I don't buy major records, so I'm waiting for them to sign on Revelation.
Can you point us to any good italian metal/HC bands?
There are a lot of good H.C. bands in Italy: Product; Suburban Noise; Redemption; Dehumanize; Opposite Force (too bad they're about to split up); Strength Approach and many others oh! my new band, in wich I sing, is called Freedom and Fear.
What does it mean for you to be Italian? Does the culture/religion/civilization of your ancestors interest/influence you?
No I won't say we're influenced by that, not consciously at least, we don't put any pride in our nationality. Being italian to me means having fuckin hair all over ( they're startin' to grow on my shoulders and I fuckin' hate it!). Me and my brother Daniele (guitar) haven't been baptized 'cause of our parents being communists, but we lived 24 years in this surrounding and maybe we are a little influenced by it, I'm interested in some parts of italian history like the anti-fascist resistance; the birth of trade unions and syndicates and the italian way to socialism, but that's where it ends.
Ok, thanx for your time Simone. Let's finish with your own words.
I just want to say:"Thanx for the interview" and that we love to get mail so feel free to write about whatever. I'm starting a 'zine called Kill for Love and you can reach both the band and the 'zine at: Simone e Daniele Marini, via Raffaele Battistini 32, 00151, Roma, Italy.
www.angelfire.com/ut/timebomb
timebomb@freemail.it
* Nahitfol
Hello Simone, please introduce us with a few words to TIMEBOMB.
Timebomb is a vegan sXe band from Roma, Italy. We've been instigating juvenille rebellion since '92, and we are out to destroy your "soap opera" dream, and bring you among the living where real love and pain dwell. Timebomb is the poetry in the fight.
What's your demo/discography so far?
We released a 7" called "Fury" in '93 on S.O.A. recs., wich is probably one of the worst records of all ages, in '96 we released "Hymns for a decaying empire" Lp/CD on S.O.A.. Two years later came "The full wrath of the slave" Lp/CD on Crimethinc./Genet. Our latest release is a split MCD with Redemption out on War.ds.. We are about to record for a split CD with Shadows Fall, from the United States of apathy, to be released by Genet records. We'll probably release a new full-length around march-2000.
What have you been doing since "Full wrath of the slave", your latest full-length?
As I said before we have a split CD out now, with our new singer, we've been writing new songs that will be a surprise for those who know us, we just came back from our European tour, wich is one of the most beautiful things I've experienced in my life. I met a lot of precious human beings, five of them play in Trial, I love you men!
"FWOTS" has been released on CD by Crimethinc (USA) and LP by Genet (BEL). Have the sales and the overal response been satisfying? How many copies did it sell? Will you continue working with Crimethinc?
I don't know exactly how many copies where sold, anyway it's good to have the record out both in the U.S. and in Europe, I guess it's very well distributed. But the most inportant thing for us is we did it with people we respect so much, and we are friends with. Bruno from Genet rec. and Brian from Crimethinc. are two incredible individuals, who put all their effort in the HC-punk scene! Crimethinc is much more than a record label and we agree with their politics, we'll be honored to continue working with them.
Do you agree with Crimethinc's anti-labor ideologies?
Sure! Workin' is an innatural condition for humans it just keeps you in the system machine and leaves no time for life and beauty. That doesn't mean we'll decide not to do it like Brian D., everyone chooses his way. Just remember working is not your life!
TB is a vegan and straight-edge band. We' re both mediteraneans, so I must ask you how did you achieve this in a country like Italy where alcool and meat are part of your culture?
I wrote something about in our last LP/CD, I said that we must somehow save our IDENTITY and overcome our TRADITION. U.S. corporations are buying our cities piece by piece in their unstoppable quest for a new market to exploit, we must resist that and at the same time deny the lies of tradition. Being vegan sXe, to us, means being more alive and see things on our own.
Do you consider TIMEBOMB as a hardcore or a metal band?
We are a hard-core band, metal is just about fairy tales (ed: well, I guess our friend Simone hasn't listen to enough metal in order to judge), we are REAL our music is joy, suffering, flesh and blood. The music you play is not important. We put all our effort in the H.C.-punk scene. Our new songs are not that metal though.
What are your influences? One of the definite influences on "FWOTS" I could point to is SEPULTURA's "Arise". Am I right?
At the time, when we were writing songs for our second album we listened to a few metal bands, like Carcass to name one, but our inspiration always came from H.C. that's where you can find the most refreshing ideas everyone in the band has different tastes, I'm into fast-paced H.C. and ultra-core, lately I like bands like "Talk is Poison" and "Kill the man who questions", but inspiration comes from everything. Fugazi, Embrace and the Washington sound is definitely an ispiration for us today, musically.
How come that "Dig your own grave", the closing track of "FWOTS", has this NWOSBD (especially DISSECTION) reminding riffing? Don't you think it's funny that because of this riff your music has been labeled (amongst other terms) as "black metal" by Crimethinc and Genet?
That song is an experiment. We were like: "Let's see how metal we can be", we thought it was funny and we put it in the record. Our singer at the time, Giorgio, said:"It's too metal! No one will like it, we are diggin' our own grave with this one" and that's where the title comes from. I don't know Dissection and I don't care, people should read the lyrics to that song, it's very simple, but insightful. Everytime we are described as "black metal" or so is always in connection with H.C., it's just a way to simplify things you know, it's hard to describe a record in two lines....so....there's this Crimethinc. ad, it says:"italian, vegan sXe, anarco-communist, black metal" it's totally crazy!!! I love it! Even thought we don't give a shit about black metal, I think Brian and Bruno don't care about what we sound like (metal or not) as long as they like it and they know we belong in H.C. 100%, the other day we were playin' in Belgium, we went to Bruno and were like:"No more metal" and he was like:"Cool".
I wonder if you already have listened to ENCHANTMENT, a UK doom/death band, because the vocals on their unique album "Dance the marble naked" sound A LOT like Giorgio's?
As I said before Giorgio is no longer in the band. I never listened to that band, I don't know. We like Emiliano's voice better, it's more expressive if you know what i mean.
Italy has been know lately for quite hilarious power metal bands like RHAPSODY, DOMINE, LABYRINTH...What's your opinion about them? How does it feel to see metal musicians from a conservative country like yours (or mine-Hellas) make a living from their music?
I don't know these bands (Luca Turilli?), and I don't care!
Why did you chose this band name? Actually I think it makes think more of a metal band than a HC one...Maybe it's also because of the "Timebomb" album released by U.D.O.
The name just came out by it self, we had no better names, I never liked it, but I'm used to it, so it's impossible for me to think of anyother. I don't think it sounds metal, it's more of a simple, punk name (every punk band has a song called Timebomb), we chose this name 'cause it made us think of social pressure, you know, how much can people take before they explode and overthrow the fuckin system.
Pro or con hard dancing?
There was a time when everything was pretty dead in the roman scene, so dancing at shows was a way to wake people up! It didn't work, violent dancing alienates people! It's just another role, I think people should let go much more, I'd like to see everyone dancing the way they want at a Timebomb show, without rules! Woodstock style! Like naked people running around that's what I'd like to see:life! Not some deadly repeating of pre-ordinated kick-boxing tricks, it makes no sense. When the music communicates you a great energy you don't have time to think:"I'll do this, I'll do that" you just go nuts. There's enough restrinction and rules in outside world, we just don't need any other rule on how to act. Violent dancing is just macho insecurity.
In order for you to enjoy a band, does it need to carry a interesting political or other message and ideology, or you can enjoy a band even if its lyrics/attitude doesn't concern you?
I like a lot of bands who have almost nothing to say like, say THE ANTI-HEROES I just like the music and that's OK, but in order to really LOVE a band I have to relate to their lyrics and ideals. The bands I'm really into are the ones with a message like DEAD KENNEDY'S or CATHARSIS. Any way there are bands that can communicate as well even with the music it self like FUGAZI or EYELID.
What are you listening to nowadays?
I listen to almost ANY kind of hard-core, these days I'm listening to a lot of new records, the last CATHARSIS, I think it's impressive, it's so vivid! The last TRIAL album fuckin' rocks and those guys are really wonderful. I like the last Abhinanda and also: Section 8; The real Enemy; Reinforce; Kill the Messenger.....I like the last R.E.M. record a lot, but I don't buy major records, so I'm waiting for them to sign on Revelation.
Can you point us to any good italian metal/HC bands?
There are a lot of good H.C. bands in Italy: Product; Suburban Noise; Redemption; Dehumanize; Opposite Force (too bad they're about to split up); Strength Approach and many others oh! my new band, in wich I sing, is called Freedom and Fear.
What does it mean for you to be Italian? Does the culture/religion/civilization of your ancestors interest/influence you?
No I won't say we're influenced by that, not consciously at least, we don't put any pride in our nationality. Being italian to me means having fuckin hair all over ( they're startin' to grow on my shoulders and I fuckin' hate it!). Me and my brother Daniele (guitar) haven't been baptized 'cause of our parents being communists, but we lived 24 years in this surrounding and maybe we are a little influenced by it, I'm interested in some parts of italian history like the anti-fascist resistance; the birth of trade unions and syndicates and the italian way to socialism, but that's where it ends.
Ok, thanx for your time Simone. Let's finish with your own words.
I just want to say:"Thanx for the interview" and that we love to get mail so feel free to write about whatever. I'm starting a 'zine called Kill for Love and you can reach both the band and the 'zine at: Simone e Daniele Marini, via Raffaele Battistini 32, 00151, Roma, Italy.
www.angelfire.com/ut/timebomb
timebomb@freemail.it
* Nahitfol
Дискография:
1994 - The Fury EP
Скачать
1996 - Hymns For A Decaying Empire
[HIDE]Cкачать[/HIDE]
1997 - Full Wrath Of The Slave
[HIDE]Cкачать[/HIDE]
- Description
- 90's metalcore/black metal, Rome, Italy
Last edited by a moderator: